Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Paradise and the miles in between.....

Home. That has a funny and disconnected feel to it these days. I used to think of a gentle sloping front yard where my dad and I would play catch. A horribly wallpapered kitchen, where the smells of mom's cooking could lure just about anyone. These days, I find that a distant memory.

I guess I have realized that I am at the point in my life where my home is going to be where I start a family. Easy folks. Don't get all flustered and alarmed that there might even be the slightest chance of that beginning any time soon. Even though the terminology is normally reserved for damsels in distress and that rebellious, but amazing girl in the movies, I will use it for myself. I have yet to be swept away. No worries. I'm ready. I have so many things to do that, as overly romantic as it might sound, I will know her when she is interfering.

Phoenix is my home. This is where I want to be right now. Not that the future doesn't harbour a great, fantastical place. But, I am happy here. So, look out Phx, you are my oyster, and I am flipping hungry.

No comments: