Friday, February 7, 2014

Hi, I'm Kenny and I sincerely apologize.

In case you missed the title, my name is Kenny and I am really sorry.

"What have you done?", you ask. Well, aside from the general missteps, nothing. 

But I feel the need to apologize.

Many of you (standard 12 to 14 who look at this blog regularly) may have noticed that recently I have been posting about my faith a lot. This has always been something important to me. And as I have explored it further, I've uncovered a litany of hurts for others. Hurts as in, many people who have been misled by the very people who also post about their faith, but litter their posts with "you need to", "you should", "if you don't", and the like. Let me apologize for that misconception, and offer this instead: I do not know everything, nor am I in any way better than any one else. Period. Exclamation point. And those others who post those things, know in their hearts the same thing.

So, let me put it simply. I have been introduced to someone who revolutionizes my life daily, who pushes me to excel in areas beyond myself and who loves me despite everything I have ever done wrong or I ever will do wrong. I know Him, but I meet Him new every day. 

He is Jesus.

He is my best friend, and so much more. I don't always understand what He is doing in my life, but I learn daily to trust Him and be vulnerable so that I grow and become better than yesterday.

So, I apologize for the misconception that have been presented before that others who know Him have their lives together, or can tell others what to do, or are in any way better than any one else. 

The truth is, we are all equal.

The truth is Jesus loves all of us, no matter where we are or what we think.

I have a friend that you should meet. He's far better than I'll ever be, and I'm so thankful for that. 

Anything good I do comes from Him.

I hope you get to meet Him, and maybe He will bless us both to meet Him together. 

Do not go gentle.



No comments: