Thursday, August 22, 2013

the road back

I have been looking through a lot of past blog posts and old writings and things lately. I guess being on the brink of some major changes does have you take a moment to reflect on the road that lies in your rear view. There lots of memories and words that hold extremely different meanings for me now. I am changed. I will never be who I was ten years ago, or 5, or a month ago. And that is awesome. If we are not changing and growing, then we are stagnant and devoid of life.

As I was rummaging through my old things, I found something that I had almost forgotten about. It is not old, just from last year. But, I find myself listening to it and remembering exactly where I was and how I felt then. A rush of emotion that makes me really appreciate the ocean of my future that I am just dipping my toes into now. It is a song that I wrote for a movie I worked on last year. I won't go into details of my surroundings then, but I can hear the longing for change in my voice. It is not the Oscar winner, but I am glad it exists out there in the universe to help me be thankful for the road behind me, and to be excited for the journey ahead.

As C.S. Lewis wrote, "There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind."

So, I hope you enjoy "Long, Dark Road". It holds a place in my heart for not just reflecting on where I've been, but also the horizon that I am now pressing towards.

No comments: