Thursday, June 26, 2014

what is the cost?

What if you were told that it would cost you everything to achieve your dreams?

Would you still aspire to them? Or would the cost be considered too great?

Recently, I have been asking myself these questions, trying to determine my level of commitment to what I truly want to achieve. I have learned that nothing worthwhile comes easily. This is proven again and again through those that achieve lasting greatness. And by greatness I'm not talking about money or fleeting success by everyone loving your mugshot on facebook.

James Truslow Adams said, "The great use of life is to create something that will outlast it."

What if we lived our lives like that every day?

I believe we would create a world that no longer settled and was enamored with fleeting success, but we would cultivate a society that excelled.

Jesus told his disciples that no man sets out to build a tower and does not first consider the cost. Otherwise, he will look like a fool when he is unable to finish because he can no longer fund it.

So, consider your dreams and aspirations. Are you pushing yourself to be the greatest you could possibly be? What is holding you back?

Eleanor Roosevelt said, "We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot."

Reality check. Are you willing to go through anything, to brave the darkest storms and mightiest waves, in order to become what you were made to be?

Stormy Sea - Marcus Larson

 After all, I've heard it said that a smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.

I'd rather live my life using every last drop of talent I have, than to hoard it away and play it safe, settling for less than I deserve.

Let's take that step. Let's set out to sea on the adventure of taking full hold of our lives. Fear is only holding you back from what you were truly made to be.

No comments: