Saturday, January 3, 2015

fear

The greatest thief, murderer, and liar in the world is fear.

Time and time again, it has stolen precious things from me and from others around me. The paralyzing power it has can stop words from coming out of our mouths, kill progress, silence dreams, drive people apart, and quell the storm of passion that brews in each of our hearts. The saddest part is that our world needs that passion more and more with each passing day.

Fear plays a game with our hearts, whispering quietly to us that we don't deserve the very things that we do.
"You aren't good enough."
"You aren't smart enough."
"If you say that, they won't like you."
"If you do that, it won't be good enough."

I am guilty of listening to and believing this bastard on more than one account.

I have waited until the last minute to do something before purely because I didn't believe my best would be good enough.

I've listened to the snake-ish whisper that I'm not good enough to allow countless people to walk over me. All this happening while the truth rests as a voiceless lump in my throat.

I'm done.

We owe it to ourselves and the fragile life we live on this intrepid earth to live to our potential, to dream outside of the box. Who says you can't accomplish that? Prove them wrong.

"Sometimes, it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine."

What is holding you back? Is it that voice that has plagued you for too long?

It's time to take back the ground we so unreasonably give up. You were put on this Earth for far more than you will reasonably have time to achieve, but as long as there is breath in your chest, shouldn't you be doing something about it?

This world that is tainted by jealousy, envy, rage, hatred, and so much more needs the passion that brews deep in your soul to come alive. If we took stands against the tyranny of fear, then I believe that so many of the ugly things of this world would not exist any more.

Stop believing the lies. Stop holding yourself back form what you can truly become. Don't let fear tell you to fall on the sword, when you should be heading into battle.

Let's change the world. It starts with you.

Philippians 4:5-7
Exodus 14:14
Psalm 46:10
Psalm 27:1
Romans 8:31-39

No comments: